Wednesday 23 September 2015

We media and democracy Reece Pollock

From the summer research I have learned that I only access news content online. 
I use the BBC news app and online website to access the news because it is very convenient and easy to use, it allows you to read the news where ever you are if you have internet connection, it gives you the most up to date news and it can also be customized to your preferences 
One of the dominant News stories I heard about was the planes crash that happened during an air show which killed several people and injured many more, at first I heard about it on the Daily mail Snapchat discover page which I read out of boredom, but I was then interested to read more about the incident and what caused it and the total results of the accident so I went onto the BBC news web app where I learned more in-depth detail about the plane crash and what caused it. so what turned out to be looking at something out of boredom changed into me having a genuine interest in the news story. 
Most of the news stories that I read are sports related because I have an interest in sports and I mostly read them around the time of the football 'Transfer Window' as it is easiest to keep up to date with everything that is happening during the Transfer Window in the news, I mainly use Sky Sports News when looking at the Sports news as it is a very in-depth news channel that gives me all the information I want. News conglomerates such as Sky News and Fox differ from the BBC as they are privately owned so will be more biased to read news that is in their best interest, where as the BBC is publically funded so is a lot more neutral and will read news stories that are related to the public in general.  
Another news story I heard about was the plane fire that happened at Las Vegas airport just seconds before take and the captain managed to stop the plane and get everyone off safely. I first heard about this news story through the 'Ladbible' and was interested in the story so went to the daily mail website to find out more information, and it turned out to be a very interesting news story.  
Most of the News stories I read start off from shared links on Facebook or Twitter from the Ladbibles website and then I become interested in the news story so go to a more reliable news sources such as the BBC website or the Daily mail website where I can get more information about the events and the results of these events. However the BBC news app is more likely to be neutral in its news stories whereas the Daily Mail is a privately owned company so is more likely to have views that reflect is owners beliefs and not the beliefs of the whole public.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting use of sources such as 'Ladbible', maybe try to incorporate some theories in future work. Hit the gym.

    ReplyDelete